Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (iA)

AsSalamuAlaikum and AhlanWaSahlan... Welcome To My Head - My World...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mamzar

A bunch of 7 of us today were let loose(?) at Mamzar. After our clinics today we left for the park. WahdaMuslimah(WM) was to get our food and meet us there. In the meanwhile, Shehzadii drove us to the place.

When we got there, we had some time extra before WM got there, so we decided to have some fun at the corniche side outside the park. The water was beautiful. Amazing in fact. It were as though someone had colored the water before we got there. There was the first band of water (along side the shore) which was crystal clear, we could see right through to the bottom. The second band after that was colored green, a very peaceful bluish green. The third band stretched to the horizon was colored blue, the most amazing blue you'll ever see. SubhanAllah. Nature's beauty.

Once WM got there, with the pizzas from Pizza Hut, we all packed into her car and started off the great day. We chose a nice shaded location, the green patch closest to the sea side (for the veiw). I never saw crows in UAE until today. There was a parrot we spotted and a very pretty blue colored one. And yeah we dug in. We were all very hungry (although we had snacks on our way to the park). Oh and we had guests at the picnic too - ANTS! There is no picnic without ants. Not only were they attacking our food, but us too! We observed a couple of them walking away with pieces from our pizza (bread crumbs, pepparoni). We witnessed the proof that they can actually carry 20(?) times their weight.

Lunch was done and Shehzadii had to leave. And then there were 6.

We were supposed to drive upto to the beach side of the place. But guess who got behind the wheel? ME! :D [P.S. I dont have a license yet!]. I drove pretty well MashaAllah (hehe I'm not boasting, this is what my friends told me - I did think so too though). Oh and I passed my greatest fear! The round-a-bouts. And then another of my friend (who also dint have a license yet took her turn). She was a bit fidgety at first. But she got the hang of it. :D

So we were finally at the beach side. The water was really really really cold compared to the warmth we were trying to escape by picking the shaded spots. The waves werent as high as they were the last time I had been there. Oh and by the way, salt water in your eyes burns(?) your eyes really bad. And then we met this whole bunch of arab kids - very naughty ones. They really loved WM because she was the only one who could speak arabic. They were all over her - literally. On boy got on her shoulders and kept asking her to stand up. Another 1 or 2 of them started pulling at her hair, and I think also pushing her head into the water at the same time. They also tried splashing water onto us. Then they began making mud balls and throwing them at us. Getting mud in your hair isnt very pretty. Another one grabbed at my friends leg and kept tugging at it. We ended up running away from them though. Oh and the moment we got out of the water and cleaned up, we were all starving. This is supposed to be a false sense of hunger, whereas you arent really hungry. It is when you have water in your ears, and that stimulates your vagus nerve, which in turn makes you think you are hungry.

Oh and then there was the park side. The little kids inside us were out. We were on the swings and this bar thing (what do you call it?) where you go all topsy turvy on it. And then there was this new thing I had never seen in my life before. Four sticks, one person on each end and then you just go up and down on it. It is sorta like a see-saw, except these are bars hung down from the see-saw on which you sit. The best part though were the monkey bars. As a kid I used be on them all the time. And I dint think I would be able to do it again. But I was. And I managed to convince everyone else to try it too, and they all managed to do it. :D

Another friend of mine was recently has a skateboard craze after she watched a movie named Lords of something(?I dont remember). So she was learning for the first time. I had tried it before but never got on it again after that because it was too scary. Today I managed a little distance with WM holding onto me. lol. Although WM and the others managed to learn quite a bit. MashaAllah. Quick learners.

And then I guess we just packed up and left. None of us had had so much activity all in one day in the recent past. MashaAllah we really really worked out.

P.S. It was ladies day at the park. So it was kinda like an advantage for us.

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAAY :D im lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it!!!

    I want there for 70 % of the time but i still can feel u guys !!! :D this is what happens after u stay together for 4 years lol

    oh my Allah!!! the ants were scary :S seriously man....but i had none on me!!!!!! :D yaaaaaay!!

    Crows have recently inhabited Dubai...oh oh oh u forgot the cutest thing BR!
    One of our mates was like: 'omg look therez a green bird' lol
    we turn around and its a parrot!! LOLL shez so cute!! :D

    *sigh

    man i missed the picnic...but InshaAllah well do it again once more....sometime in winter or spring InshaAllah...

    BLUE ROSE !! woman u aint supposed to drive like that!!! u know its dangerous if they catch u! Allah forbid...that area had a lot of CID cars! dont do that ever again!

    anyways...

    *sigh

    -Shehzaadii

     

Post a Comment

<< Home