Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (iA)

AsSalamuAlaikum and AhlanWaSahlan... Welcome To My Head - My World...

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Messenger Freaks...

Have you ever had weird people adding you on msn? Well, I have. Too many times actually.

Most of them were random guys who come across my address in a forwarded mails in an attempt to make new 'friends'. This is what usually happens:

As soon as the person comes online....
Me: Who are you?
Guy: Hello
Guy: h r u?
Me: Who are you?
Guy: I am fine
Guy: u?
Me: not how
Me: WHO are you?
Guy: My name is xxx. wht is ur name?
Me: Not exactly what my question meant. But oh well..
Me: Why did you add me?
Guy: i want chat u. can i be ur friend? u mind?
Me: Where did you get my ID from?
Guy: from fwd mails
Me: You are crazy to be going around adding random people that you dont know
Guy: why u angry?
Me: First of all, you need lessons in english. Second, my mommy told me not to talk to strangers.
Me: Bye

And then I block and delete the person from my list.

Also, once two lesbian girls (using the same ID) added me. I ended up having a 1 or 2 hour (dont remember) argument about how I felt about lesbianism. Lol.. it was actually pretty funny.

Anyways, the lesson I learnt is... dont forward emails around. You might end with bad results.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 04, 2005 12:11:00 PM, Blogger quixotic kid said…

    First off, you dropped that comment on my post after the Gift of Gab show which was kinda just a onamonapeia, and I know I butchered that, but who cares. Anyway, thanks for doing that because in doing so it allowed me to catch a glimpse of your blog, and my little American microcosm stopped for a second and I was like, "Hey, quit your bitching, because shit gets real in the rest of thw world and you take way to much for granted." But, on a different note, I totally agree with your msn assessment. I have created a group on my list called foreign nationals, which is composed of completely random people I don't know who've added me and try to talk to me in 18 different languages. This is fine with me because I try to embrace all cultures, but i draw the line when they get pissed with me because i don't understand them. The problem further extends to when I'm on mobile and i get lots of messages from these strangers. So in concluding, I feel you on this one.

     
  • At Saturday, June 04, 2005 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Blue Rose said…

    woa! That post in your blog I think was totally random. I dont even remember why its there. Lol. Maybe I was bored?
    Oh and this isnt exactly one of my best. This post was basically because my blog needed updating. You should read the rest. I like them better. Lol.
    And errmm.. language usually hasnt been a problem for me.
    Oh and one more thing, I am unable to tell from your profile whether you are male or female?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home