Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (iA)

AsSalamuAlaikum and AhlanWaSahlan... Welcome To My Head - My World...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Thinking Too Hard

Life has strange ways. This usually goes without saying. But I simply can't stress that enough.

Every day of our life, we go about our usual chores. The same routine sometimes. A few changes here and there sometimes. And in this manner days go by, weeks go by, months go by and then you find several years going by.

So many hours, so many minutes, so many seconds. All skipping along serving no purpose, leaving no meaning and not having affected anyone or anything in anyway.

Yet, in comparison to all those millions of hours that I find speeding past me, I find myself thinking of the few seconds that have meant the most, those which have left a lasting impact and those which had a purpose for existing.

It may have been the few seconds I was waiting for the elevator. Or waiting inside the elevator. Or waiting for the bus. Sometimes, the few seconds before I fall asleep. The few moments I spend at the window, looking down at the world.

Inspite of the fact, that it was only a few seconds, in comparison to the number of hours I've lived, those seconds have been more worthwhile than any number of hours I've spent. Some very important facts and observations dawn on me during these idle moments in life. They may seem idle for an on-looker at least. However, in those few seconds I manage to be able to skim through my entire life, or life events and analyze them - if not each one by one, at least in general.

I realize what I've achieved so far, and what I haven't. How much meaning my life has, and how much it doesn't. What I've lived for so far, and what I haven't. What I should have been doing and what I shouldn't. In what way certain things have influenced me, and in what way they havent. They way life is, and the way it should have been. And several of other things.

And the seconds after that, when I snap out of it (or when I'm forced to snap out of it) I try my best to make a change in the way I best can. I try my best to make a difference based on what just hit me.

I read this today, on my friends laptop :D ....
It is narrated by Abu Hurairah: Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said: "Allah said, 'The son of Adam annoys Me for he abuses Ad-Dahr (Time) though I am Ad-Dahr (Time); in My Hands are all things, and I cause the revolution of day and night." ( Sahih Bukhari)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home