Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (iA)

AsSalamuAlaikum and AhlanWaSahlan... Welcome To My Head - My World...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Blessed

I woke up a little late today morning. As soon as I realized this, I ran to the bin as fast as my little legs could carry me. I was hoping that I'm not too late. I reached the bin, and peered into it. I was too late. The trash had been cleared already. I missed it!

I stuck my hand into my pocket. Empty as usual. There was a hole in the right pocket of my trouser. And it was getting bigger. Also, I just noticed that I need to get myself a new shirt. The pocket of the shirt was hanging, almost ripped off by the naughty boys I met along the other street. Three of the buttons were also missing.

I walked over to the edge of the sidewalk, and sat down there. My stomach growled. It was hungry. Last night there wasnt enough left over at the restaurant. I just had one bread for dinner. And now that bin was cleared, my breakfast was gone.

I closed my eyes. There wasnt much noise around. It was still early. I could hear a few cars rumbling in the distant. Everyone was starting their car up for work.

I made a silent prayer.

I was 12 years old. Both my parents died when I was 10, in a fire while I was at school. My father taught me a lot in the few years that he had with me. Which is why, I tend to be more sophisticated than other kids of my age. I was born with only one hand - my right one.

"O Allah! Most merciful and most powerful. Forgive my sins. I repent to thee. Thank you for your blessings. Thank you for the parents I was blessed with. Take good care of them. And open the gates of heaven for them. Thank you for my two legs and the one hand. Especially for my right hand. Please help me find breakfast."

Slowly I opened my eyes. And smiled to myself. The world is so much more beautiful with its colours.

"Thank You for my eyes."

I got up with a big smile on my face. I headed straight towards the restaurant round the corner, with a faint hope that they might offer me free breakfast before I start at my job.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 20, 2005 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Abu Yusef said…

    An interesting look at perspective. Worth noting I must say. People like these, who see the light in any situation regardless of how dire are special. They are rare those who like Job still praise and thank God despite their own turmole. Thank you for the thoughts.

    Salaam
    Abu Yusef

     
  • At Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Ninnevah said…

    i guess thats something we should aspire to, to remember our blessings not only in good times but also during the bad....

    but honestly when i got up to "almost ripped off by the naughty boys I met along the other street "
    i was thinking; in ajman? guys did that to you?!! (guilty smile) sorry...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home