Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (iA)

AsSalamuAlaikum and AhlanWaSahlan... Welcome To My Head - My World...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Humanity before War

“On December 27th, Israel begins assault on Gaza, code-named "Operation Cast Lead", by launching air raids that kill more than 225 Palestinians.
One Israeli is killed and six others wounded in missile attacks by Palestinian fighters.”
To all those who think it was only fair of Israel to defend themselves - they took the life over 225 Palestinians for the life of one Israeli. As much as I believe every life on this planet is precious. Every single one.

Analysing Israeli soldiers skill in target selection,
“On January 3rd, as Israel begins its ground offensive in Gaza, at least 11 Palestinians, including one child, are killed after Israeli forces strike a mosque in the town of Beit Lahiya.On January 4th, an Israeli air strike hits two ambulances in Gaza, killing four paramedics.On January 6th, an Israeli strike on a UN school in the northern town of Jabaliya kills 43 Palestinians and injures at least 100 who had taken refuge inside the school. Israeli strikes hit two other schools, killing two in the southern town of Khan Younis and three in the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City.On January 8th, the UN's refugee organisation in Gaza suspends all aid deliveries after an Israeli tank attacks a UN convoy, killing one Palestinian driver and injuring two other people.”
What kind of heart and soul would one have to possess to target places like these? Are the Israeli troops actually aiming at destroying the so-called 'terrorist' activities or the innocent lives of women and children and refugees?

As per the latest figures,
“Israel says 10 Israeli soldiers and three civilians hit by Hamas rockets have been killed so far in the campaign…”
“Around 970 Palestinians have been killed, including some 400 women and children, and 4,300 have been wounded.”
The numbers say it all.Is this a war against terrorism for real or is it plain "genocide" as Mr Miguel d'Escoto out it?

Not only has Israel enetered a 'new' phase of their offensive, but they have moved onto to using more creative weapons.
“Israel is accused of firing white phosporous bombs on densely-populated Gaza in violation of international law.”

Where is all this headed? Nowhere but the slaughter of hundreds and thousands of lives. Psychological and physical trauma to thousands of women and children. Destruction of thousands of homes and property. May Allah bring an end to all this destruction and inhumane behaviour. May Allah give strength and hope to the suffering people.

Some people share what they went through during this hell of a chaos..(video available on Al-Jazeera):

- A Palestinian woman seriously injured, lying on a hospital bed recollects - "The tanks started bombarding us. I hugged my son. He was 2 and a half years old. He died in my arms. He was my only son. I had him after 21 years of marriage."

- A 5 year old boy tells us his story - "I saw soldier near the store. Then I could not see my mom. I was hit by a bullet in my arm. Then a bullet hit me in my back and came out from my stomach (he says pointing to his abdomen)"

- A very upset father - "My 3 daughters went out with their grandmother. Suddenly the Israeli forces opened fire on them from a very close distance. My eldest daughter was 8 years old. She was hit by 17 bullets. They ripped apart her chest. My other daughter was 2 years old. She was hit by 12 bullets. Both of them died.”

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home